Become a Corporate Sponsor
Make-A-Wish® Greater Bay Area offers a variety of ways for companies large and small to get involved that typically fall into one of these three categories:
Corporate Giving (Monetary)
- Make-A-Wish Event Sponsorship: Become a sponsor of one of our five events – Walk For Wishes®, SFPD Challenge, Monterey Bay Gala, Wine and Wishes®, and The Croquet Invitational and Charity Auction. Each event sponsorship package offers abundant opportunities for public recognition and exclusive benefits. Contact Leah Laderas at (415) 402-2773 or lladeras@SFWish.org to learn more about available opportunities. For detailed event information click here
- Event Host: Many local companies, community groups and individuals host events to benefit Make-A-Wish. Some creative examples include an employee ice cream social, a charitable holiday party, CEO dunk booth or raffle for vacation days. Find out how to get started by calling Micaela Burke at 415-402-2764 or email@example.com to request your event kit today.
- Adopt-A-Wish®: Connect your organization and employees to our mission by funding a specific wish through our Adopt-A-Wish program. Contact Leah Laderas at 415-402-2773 or firstname.lastname@example.org to select a wish.
- Workplace Giving: Among the perks offered by many medium and large-sized companies is a workplace giving program. Please contact your company’s human resource department to see if you can designate our chapter of Make-A-Wish to receive a pre-tax donation through your payroll deduction. Many employers also have partnerships with United Way. Please consider designating your United Way donation to Make-A-Wish Greater Bay Area .
- Matching Gift Funds: Matching gifts are not just for higher education any more. A wider range of non-profits are eligible for them. Contact your company’s human resource department to see if Make-A-Wish qualifies for a company matched gift. This is a great opportunity to increase and even double your collective contribution.
- Volunteering: We have more than 350 volunteers from throughout the Bay Area support our mission in many ways. For a list of ways to get involved, please see our Volunteer Section.
Make-A-Wish has a variety of programs available to get the business community involved, that don’t cost a dime! Please consider one of the programs listed below:
- Wish Star Program: The Wish Star Program is a mutually beneficial fundraising effort to give retailers, corporations, and other community groups the chance to share the power of a wish®. Organizations give their customers and/or employees the opportunity to purchase a star (suggested donation is $1.00) to support our organization. Make-A-Wish provides the materials making this a no-cost, easily implemented program.
- Wishes in FlightSM: Most national airlines allow you to donate frequent flier miles and loyalty points to Make-A-Wish. Your company could conduct an airline mile drive to raise miles for wish child travel, which helps extend our resources to other areas of wish granting. Read More or email us to set up a drive.
- In-Kind Donations: We’re always looking for product donations and services to help off-set our wish and fundraising costs.
- Cause-Related Marketing & Promotions: It’s a win-win: Align your product with a highly-respected and well-known brand such as Make-A-Wish.
- Client & Customer Gifts: Instead of sending a promotional or holiday gift to each of your clients or customers, send a donation to Make-A-Wish in the name of that special person. Or, purchase a Make-A-Wish logo item from us and send it to your clients and customers. 84% of people say they would rather receive a donation in their honor instead of a traditional gift. Purchase our customizable holiday cards to let your clients know that you are supporting us in their honor.